What is Jin Shin Jyutsu?
Jin Shin Jyustsu is a quiet, deeply relaxing way of resetting and balancing your body’s energy system. Refined over thousands of years, this eastern art employs gentle touch to stimulate the movement of energy in the body and release energy blockages that interfere with proper healing. In the process, it generates a profound sense of internal well being, renewed energy and vigor.
Our bodies are composed of an amazing array of systems that work cooperatively so that we may experience life. Among them are the circulatory system, skeletal system, muscular system, lymph system, endocrine system, digestive system and neurological system. One system that is little understood in western cultures but has been studied for thousands of years in eastern cultures is our energy system.
Our energy system is what animates us. It inspires the heart to beat and cells to divide. It binds the food we eat and the oxygen we breathe so that our bodies can move and all our other systems can function. Deeper still, it binds and organizes the atomic particles necessary for an organism to exist at all.
The stimulation and movement of energy in our bodies is what makes life possible. There are many ways we stimulate our energy system without even realizing it, such as exercising, scratching an itch or holding a tender joint. Other ways are more deliberate, such as massage, acupuncture and acupressure. Jin Shin Jyutsu is an ancient eastern art that employs simple touch to stimulate 26 points on each side of the body. When stimulated in a certain order, these points (we call them Safety Energy Locks) work together to open any of the thousands of highly defined energy pathways in the body.
Jin Shin Jyutsu is not a substitute for medical care. If you are currently under medical care, you should continue your treatment as prescribed. To learn more about Jin Shin Jyutsu, go to Jin Shin Jyutsu, Inc., the foundation that teaches this art worldwide: www.jsjinc.net.
Who Benefits from Jin Shin Jyutsu?
People who are most likely to seek out and benefit from Jin Shin Jyutsu include those who:
- are not recovering from injuries as well as they would like (wounds, surgeries, damage due to illness);
- are experiencing chronic illnesses and pain (arthritis, osteoporosis, digestive issues, skin ailments, autoimmune, insomnia, migraines, etc);
- are overwhelmed with the mental, emotional and physical stresses of life; and/or
- are interested in preventing illness and injury (expectant mothers, athletes, seniors, nurses, weekend warriors, school teachers, physical laborers, outdoor enthusiasts, etc.)
Because Jin Shin Jyutsu works subtly and gently, it may take several sessions to see big changes. While this subtly is much easier on your body, it can be somewhat frustrating for people who are accustomed to taking a pill and getting an instant result. It takes people awhile to get their energy systems tangled up, and it can sometimes take awhile to detangle them. Clients who are willing to receive several sessions and are consistent in applying their self-help “home work” get the best results. For that reason, Jin Shin Jyutsu is best recommended for individuals who are committed to participating fully in the healing process.
Here’s what Leslie’s clients have to say about their experience receiving Jin Shin Jyutsu support: Testimonials
What makes Jin Shin Jyutsu Different?
Any approach to healing (whether western or eastern) is likely to have a certain level of effectiveness as long as it keeps your well-being paramount. Each approach has its place in the healing process. The philosophy and practice of Jin Shin Jyutsu sets it apart from other modalities in a number of ways.
- Jin Shin Jyutsu embraces and beautifully complements western medicine and all other modalities. Clients are never discouraged from pursuing western medical care or any other treatment they feel is right for them, because Jin Shin Jyutsu will support and help the body harmonize with any approach.
- Jin Shin Jyutsu honors the modesty of each individual. Clients remain fully clothed, lying face up on a massage table throughout their treatment. For those who simply cannot tolerate the touch of others, the Jin Shin Jyutsu practitioner can guide them through several powerful and supportive self-help routines.
- Jin Shin Jyutsu employs no needles or tissue manipulation, just gentle touch. As a result, most clients find Jin Shin Jyutsu to be profoundly relaxing. In fact, most sleep through their sessions, awakening refreshed and ready for their next activity.
- Because Jin Shin Jyutsu employs only gentle touch, clients are able to do it on themselves over time. Each client learns supportive self-help routines so they do not have to rely on their practitioner forever.
- And, for those who need to look their best right after their session, Jin Shin Jyutsu will not mess up your hair, makeup or clothes.
What’s a session like?
Clients find my office (located near Olympia, WA) to be warm and welcoming. When you receive a Jin Shin Jyutsu session, you lie face up, fully clothed on a massage table. Only gentle touch is used to open specific energy pathways in the body. There is no tissue or bone manipulation whatsoever. Most experience a deep sense of relaxation and may even fall asleep during the session. Each session lasts about an hour. Clients are given self-help instruction as well. The benefits of Jin Shin Jyutsu are cumulative, so five or six sessions are recommended initially.
Because Jin Shin Jyutsu works subtly, many clients don’t even realize the exact moment their discomfort ends. They simply move naturally into the activities they need or want to perform. This subtly can be somewhat frustrating for people who are accustomed to taking a pill and getting an instant result. It takes people awhile to get their energy system tangled up, and it can sometimes take awhile to straighten it back out again. Clients who are willing to receive several sessions and are consistent in applying their self-help “homework” get the best results. For that reason, Jin Shin Jyutsu is best recommended for individuals who are committed to participating fully in the healing process.
Here’s what clients have to say about their experience receiving Jin Shin Jyutsu support: Testimonials
Cost of a Session: $60 (cash or personal check only, payment due at time of session)
Length of a Session: Your first appointment will last approximately 90 minutes. Follow up appointments last about an hour.
Office Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Location: 677 Woodland Square Loop SE, Lacey, WA, Rm. A18 (check Contact page to see map). Note: Please Google the address rather than using your on-board navigator. For some unknown reason, on-board navigators – all on-board navigators — get confused about the location. Once you’ve arrived, take the stairs up to the second floor. Turn left at the reception desk, and continue down the hall to the small waiting area on the right. If you are unable to climb stairs, please let me know.
What to wear: While shorts and skirts can be accommodated, clients are generally more comfortable wearing slacks.